Calling all charities.
With ICRTouch’s GiftAid module, your client’s charitable organisation can save a tonne of cash on top of the 25% added value that Gift Aid brings.
The module is quick and easy to use, cutting the hours spent on GiftAid administration right down to minutes. Donors are swiftly signed up on the till, notification emails to customers are automatic, and the reports generated are fully HMRC compliant and ready to upload.
For thirty years, GiftAid has enabled charities to reclaim income tax on donations made by all donors who pay UK income tax. In practical terms, for donations made by UK income taxpayers, this adds another 25% onto the face value. Donations can be in the form of admission fees and/or donations of goods to charity shops; the ICRTouch GiftAid module is ready for both avenues. In both cases, information about the donor must be recorded in order to check their tax status. Whilst over time this part of the process has been streamlined to make it easier for the donor, GiftAid still requires a significant amount of administration by the receiving business. Information still needs to be stored, processed and submitted to HMRC. If your client is doing this work manually, then it’s very time-consuming — eating into the value of that donation.
But whether it’s donated goods or admission fees that need to be processed, with the ICRTouch GiftAid module the burden of labour is lifted, and staff time is freed.
At the point of admission, postcode lookups happen fast and without fuss using the Royal Mail PAF file, moving the donor quickly to purchase. With donated goods, donor detail entry is completed swiftly at the point of sale, including donor and item information for the product sale listing. It’s fast. It’s simple. And with the module generating the item barcodes, scanning is quick and easy at the point of sale. Monthly emails are automatically sent to donors reporting on the revenue generated from their items. Printed statements are also available for donors without email access.
Fully HMRC compliant, the module will automatically create a file ready to be pasted directly into the HMRC submission report. And it’s scalable from a single TouchPoint till to large multi-site venues with many TouchPoint EPoS terminals.
The commission fee for gift aid processing can be set at the level of your client’s choosing, covering the cost of administration.
- Entry of donor details is at the point of sale, including donor item information for the product sale listing.
- Creates a report formatted to be copied into your HMRC submission.
- Increase staff productivity by automating tasks.
- Automatically generated barcodes for each item, allowing ease of use, the ability to scan at the point of sale, and stocklist reporting.
- Automatic emails to donors let them know their donation has been sold and thank them for their generosity. Uses the HMRC approved template, with correct terminology.
- Web-based reporting.
- Centralised donor file.
- Refunds and wastage are handled within the system.
- Printed donor statements for the customer if they have no access to email.
- ICRTouch Gift Aid handles cash donations.